Brazilian cheese bread is another one of those naturally gluten-free recipes – no modifications needed! It’s not really a dessert, but it is a tasty snack that I wanted to share anyway.
Baking note: You need a mini-muffin tin for this recipe.
Brazilian Cheese Bread
Yield: 16 puffs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup packed grated cheese of your choice (I used parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a mini-muffin tin with olive oil or baking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (The batter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- Pour batter into mini-muffin tin, filling each well almost to the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until all the cheese breads puff up and are lightly browned. (If your oven has a window, this process is fun to watch.)
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
- Eat warm. The cheese bread will be chewy and gooey. You can also save and reheat them later.