If you have extra peaches (or somewhat disappointing peaches, or even store-bought frozen peaches), and if you love sorbet, then this is the recipe for you.
Peach Lassi Sorbet
From Bon Appetit
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups peaches, peeled, chopped, and frozen (about 4 medium peaches)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. (I recommend using a food processor unless you have a powerful blender.)
- Pour peach mixture into a loaf pan or plastic container and press a sheet of parchment paper on top, pressing directly onto surface.
- Freeze until sorbet is firm, about 6 hours.
- Scoop into bowls to serve.
- Sorbet can be made 3 days ahead and stored in freezer. If necessary, thaw in refrigerator for up to 30 minutes before serving.