These mint chocolate chip cookies remind me of my favorite brownies. They’re soft and chewy, and meld the chocolate and peppermint flavors wonderfully.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Amy in the Kitchen
Yield: 12 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate OR semisweet chips
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. (Actually, the cookies are very sticky, so it may be better to line the sheets with aluminum foil and grease it.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, egg whites, and peppermint extract.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir until fully mixed. Batter will be thick and glossy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of batter per cookie onto prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-13 minutes. The tops will look like brownies, with a thin crisp skin.
- Remove from oven and let cool on sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Use a wide spatula to remove cookies from sheets.
- To store, keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.