Japanese fruit jelly is a light, pretty dessert that is perfect after a heavy meal or on a warm day. If you’re bringing them to a party, you can easily scale up the recipe.
Japanese Fruit Jelly
Adapted from Just One Cookbook
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 (0.25-oz) pack gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (15-oz) can mandarin oranges OR peach chunks in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a bowl, place gelatin powder and pour in boiling water. Stir to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Add sugar to bowl and whisk until dissolved.
- Drain canned fruit, reserving syrup in a measuring cup. Add enough water to syrup to make 1 cup.
- Stir syrup mixture into gelatin mixture.
- Divide canned fruit among 5 serving glasses.
- Pour gelatin mixture over fruit, and cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until set completely (it takes several hours).