This chocolate pudding is smooth and silky. If desired, serve with homemade whipped cream.
From Betty Crocker
Yield: 7 servings
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch processed baking cocoa
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons vanilla
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt with whisk.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until pudding boils and is thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat; gently stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted.
- Pour into large bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate until serving time.