Credit for these delicious cheese muffins goes to my friend Amanda, who experimented with and modified the original recipe extensively before coming up with these!
Adapted from Genius Kitchen
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, if you have it
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, butter, egg, spices, baking soda, cream of tartar, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add flours/starches and xanthan gum (if using) and mix well.
- Mix in cheese.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.