It’s blueberry season, and what could be tastier than blueberry desserts? These muffins work well gluten free – the tops puff up into nice domes that turn a beautiful golden brown.
Blueberry Cream Muffins
Adapted from All Recipes
Yield: 24 muffins
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 -2 cups white sugar, depending on how sweet you like desserts
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups gluten-free OR all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar while beating.
- Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Beat in salt and baking soda.
- Beat in flour alternately with sour cream.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them almost to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.