Here’s a recipe for a beautiful, summery fruit pizza that a friend shared with me!
Yield: 1 pizza
For the crust:
- 120 g (1 cup) rice flour
- 30 g (1/4 cup) modified tapioca starch
- 34 g (1/4 cup) corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the sauce:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
For the topping:
- Miscellaneous sliced fruit (peaches, kiwis, strawberries…)
- About 1/4 cup apricot jelly
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together rice flour, modified tapioca starch, corn starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter and brown sugar and mix.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Press the dough onto a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are brown and fully cooked.
- Let cool completely.
- In the meantime, make the sauce: Beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt until well blended.
- Spread sauce over top of the cooled crust.
- Refrigerate until shortly before serving.
- Add toppings (wait until the day you intend to serve to prevent the fruit from making everything soggy). Slice the fruit into pieces about 1/4 inch thick and arrange on top of sauce.
- Mix together apricot jelly and water to a brush-able consistency. Remove any chunks from the jelly.
- Brush the diluted jelly over the top of the pizza.
- Refrigerate for best results.