My sister found this recipe for golden milk, a deliciously spicy, warm drink.
Adapted from Well Plated by Erin
Yield: 1 drink
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk OR coconut milk OR milk
- 2 teaspoons honey OR maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter OR almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash of ground black pepper OR ground cardamom OR ground cloves
- Combine milk, honey OR maple syrup, peanut OR almond butter, vanilla extract, and spices in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until scalding, whisking so that the peanut OR almond butter does not stick to the bottom and the spices incorporate. Do not let boil.
- Pour into a mug and serve.