For a decadent treat, you can add white chocolate chips, Heath Bar Crunch, and pecans to your chocolate ice cream.
No-Churn Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream
Adapted from the Food Network
Yield: 6 cups ice cream
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Heath Bar Crunch
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Chill a 9″ x 5″ metal loaf pan.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. The mixture will become very thick. Set aside.
- Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the cocoa mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended.
- Pour into metal loaf pan and freeze, covered, until thick and creamy, like soft-serve ice cream, about 2 hours.
- Stir white chocolate chips, Heath Bar Crunch, and pecans (if using) into the ice cream base with a sturdy spoon.
- Continue to freeze, covered, until solid and scoopable, about 3 hours more.