My friend tried out an almond-flour-based pizza crust and was happy with the result! You can use whatever toppings you want. She made cheese and pepperoni pizzas, for example.
Almond Flour Pizza Crust
From Recipe Diaries
Yield: 8 slices
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together the egg, water, and olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, and garlic powder and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Stir in egg mixture until well combined.
- Grease two sheets of parchment paper and turn the dough out onto one sheet.
- Top with the other sheet and roll the dough into a thin circle or square to fit a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and crisp around the edges.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes to form a crunchy crust.
- Top with desired toppings and place back in the oven or under the broiler for a few minutes to cook the toppings.