As some parts of the world edge into spring, here is a recipe for no-churn strawberry ice cream. If you have extra fresh strawberries, you can freeze them, or you can buy a bag at the grocery store.
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
From the Food Network
- 1 lb frozen strawberries, thawed at room temperature for 10 minutes
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- Pulse the strawberries in a food processor until you achieve pea-size chunks.
- Add the condensed milk, vanilla, and salt, and pulse to combine. Remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended.
- Pour into a chilled 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan or two Rubbermaid boxes, and freeze, covered, until solid and scoopable, about 5 hours.