My cousin makes delicious affogato, an Italian dessert involving gelato, espresso, and chocolate shavings. It’s straightforward to make, as well as cool and refreshing to eat.
Yield: 1 serving
- 2 scoops vanilla gelato OR ice cream
- Shaved dark chocolate, for topping
- 1 shot espresso
- Brew or buy espresso.
- Use a peeler to shave off little curls of your favorite dark chocolate.
- In a glass, place two scoops of gelato or ice cream.
- Top with shaved chocolate curls.
- Pour espresso over the gelato or ice cream just before eating.