A friend of mine made these and really liked them!
Adapted from The Salty Marshmallow
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice flour + 2/3 cup potato starch OR 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs (room temperature is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Cinnamon sugar, for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the rice flour+potato starch OR all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently. If using all-purpose flour, mix just until combined, being careful not to over mix.
Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
Fill the muffin cups up to the top with batter.
Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until slightly golden brown on the top and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.