Candied ginger and chocolate fans, this one is for you! These cookies are chewy and full of gingery, chocolate-y goodness.
Candied Ginger and Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Adapted from Minimalist Baker
Yield: 30 cookies
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free OR all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar OR 1/3 cup white sugar+dollop molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sea salt dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied ginger, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugars, and molasses if using together.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in baking soda, ground ginger, and salt, followed by the flour a little at a time.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and chopped candied ginger.
- Scoop into rounded tablespoonfuls and place on cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart if using gluten-free flour.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Leave cookies on the tray for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container or bag for up to 4 days. Alternatively, place in freezer to store longer.