These chocolate chip brownies come from a friend with extensive gluten-free baking experience and are delicious. If, for some reason, you want fewer brownies, you can halve the recipe, use an 8″ x 8″ or 9″ x 9″ pan, and bake for about 25 minutes.
Chocolate Chip Brownies
Recipe courtesy of a friend
Yield: 9″ x 13″ pan of brownies
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ~2/3 of a 12-oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9″ x 13″ pan with parchment paper. (This is important, otherwise the brownies will stick to everything.)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Then mix in vanilla and eggs.
- Add brown rice flour, tapioca starch, cocoa powder, baking power, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.