Sometimes when you’re baking pumpkin desserts, you just happen to have a bit of pumpkin puree left over. You can combine it with bananas in muffins. It won’t have a very strong flavor compared to the bananas, but you can add some cinnamon to spice up the muffins.
Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Inspired by All Recipes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Mix together sugar, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the bananas into the mixture.
- Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (if using).
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Scoop into muffin pans and bake for 27 minutes.