I really like this frosting because it’s both chocolate-y and tangy. Since it’s a thicker frosting, I’d pair it with a denser cake (which is perfect for gluten-free cakes…).
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Adapted from All Recipes
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk (you can add 1 more tablespoon if necessary)
- 1-4 cups confectioners’ sugar, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Still on medium speed, beat in 3 tablespoons milk, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and cocoa until frosting is creamy and spreadable. Beat in extra milk and/or confectioners’ sugar if necessary to get a spreadable consistency.