If you’re grilling burgers or hot dogs this summer, why not make grilled bananas for dessert too? They’re tender and sweet, and are great with vanilla ice cream if you really feel decadent.
Note: For the cinnamon sugar, you can use a ratio of 2 teaspoons cinnamon to 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bananas, as many as desired
- 1/2 tablespoon butter per banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar per banana
- Heat your grill. (Presumably you’ll also be making burgers or something like that.)
- Slice bananas lengthwise, cutting all the way through the edible part of the banana but not through the skin on the opposite side. (You don’t want your buttery, cinnamon-y goodness to run out of the other side!)
- Spread butter on the inside of each banana.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar inside each banana.
- Wrap each banana in aluminum foil and place directly on the hot coals. Let bananas cook until soft, about 20 minutes.