This pumpkin cake turns out to be soft and moist even when gluten free. I personally love the combination of chocolate and pumpkin flavors, but you could also top it with cream cheese frosting.
Adapted from All Recipes
Yield: Bundt cake
For the cake:
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (about 15 oz.) canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free OR all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
For the topping:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil.
- Beat in vanilla, pumpkin, and eggs.
- Beat in baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually beat in flour. Stir in nuts, if using.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes if gluten free OR 40-45 minutes if not. A thin knife inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
- Cool cake in pan and then turn it out onto a serving plate.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave, pausing often to stir.
- Spoon melted chocolate over the top of the cake, allowing it to run down the sides.