My grandparents’ neighbor is a wonderful baker who frequently brings over desserts for us to sample. One of our favorites is her zucchini bread. She shared this recipe with me, and I adapted it for gluten-free baking.
Note: The original recipe makes 2 loaf pans of zucchini bread, using 3 eggs. When I halved the recipe, I used 2 eggs.
Yield: 9″ x 5″ loaf pan
- 2 eggs (see Note above)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free OR all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together eggs, oil, vanilla, and zucchini.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg if using.
- Stir in sugar.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a thin skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.