If you have overripe bananas, here is one way to turn them into a delicious snack! The batter is very quick to make (great for a weekday evening), and then you just toss the loaf in the oven for an hour.
Adapted from All Recipes
Yield: one 9″ x 5″ loaf
- 2 cups gluten-free OR all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (see here to make your own)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (roughly 3 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir in baking soda and salt.
- Stir in flour, just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.