Yay for key lime pie! The recipe is both simple and reliable, the best kind there is. To make gluten-free graham crackers for the crust, you can use this recipe. It’s definitely worth the time!
Key Lime Pie
Adapted from the Food Network
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
a little less than 1/4 cup sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice (such as Nellie and Joe’s Famous Key West Lime Juice)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Crush graham crackers. I usually place them in a big Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- With your hands, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl.
- Press mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Let pie shell cool to room temperature (a little warmer is okay).
- Decrease oven temperature to 325ºF.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together condensed milk, key lime juice, and egg.
- Pour filling into pie shell and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let pie cool on the counter until you can touch the pan, then chill it in the fridge for 2 hours. (You can eat it sooner too if you’re impatient, but it tastes best cold.)