These are my favorite banana muffins! You can leave out the chocolate chips if you prefer so they’re healthier. I think they taste pretty similar whether they’re gluten free or not. Also, they’re the perfect thing to make when your bananas are starting to grow brown spots.
The original recipe is here:
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups gluten-free OR all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-3 large, ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Mix together sugar, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the bananas into the mixture.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Scoop into muffin pans and bake for 27 minutes if gluten free OR 25 minutes if not.